Electronics Engineer – Full-Time (£45-50k/year + bonus)
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join our highly skilled engineering team. This post is based at our Head Office in Newton, Cambridge, reporting to Zettlex’s Technical Director.
Post : Electronics Engineer
Location : Newton, Cambridge
Notice : 3 months each way
Hours : 37½ hours/week
Salary : £45-50k/year + company profit-share bonus
Travel : Occasional travel in UK, W. Europe & possibly N. America (<5% of time)
Reports to : Technical Director
Start date : Q3 2016
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in electronic, electrical or software engineering with > 5 years industrial experience in a high-spec, quality controlled environment such as defence, aerospace, medical or oil & gas sector. Experience of embedded software development is essential and experience of some of the following would be useful:-
- Mixed signal circuit design
- PCB design and layout
- Mathematical simulation
- Formal technical documentation to a high standard
- Computer aided test software.
Some potential for managing small development projects is important. The successful candidate will be of a cheery, robust and outgoing character; suited to working in a team and interacting with other Zettlex and customer staff in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail and an analytical approach is also important.
Depending on the candidate’s experience, duties will include some of the following:-
- embedded software design in C, including built-in-test software design
- circuit design including PCB layout and design for manufacture & test
- creation of detailed technical specifications for product design and test
- automatic test software development in support of manufacturing and R&D
- carrying out design and technical feasibility studies in conjunction with Zettlex commercial staff
- management of the build of prototype components and sub-assemblies, including liaison with sub-contractors and component suppliers
- creation of product documentation in support of manufacturing and sales
- test design, testing and test reports for product qualification & production acceptance
- management of development projects or aspects of projects – depending on candidate’s experience.
Please note that our location in Newton is not served by public transport so you must have your own means of transport.