If you want to specify an OEM or custom sensor, then cover these 10 points and you will have covered all necessary aspects:-
1. Geometry– for example, linear or rotary or curvi-linear or 2D or 3D
2. Full-scale – for example, 360 degrees or 600mm
3. Resolution – in other words, the smallest change that must be measured – for example 0,1 degrees or 0,2mm
4. Repeatability – in other words, the stability of the measurement in terms of going back to the same point – for example repeatability = +/-0,025mm
5. Linearity – the maximum allowable deviation from a perfectly accurate reading. You might want to think carefully about this since we often find that what is most important for many applications is actually repeatability.
6. Temperature range – for example, -40 + 85Celsius
7. Electrical supply – for example, 5V, 12V or 24V
8. Electrical output – for example RS232, A/B pulses, 0-10V, 4-20mA
9. Unusual stuff – such as – “we want to keep power consumption as low as possible” or “it’s for submersion in hot sulphuric acid” or “we’re using a capacitive device and we have reliability problems”
10. Quantity – for example, “100/year”
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.